PRIVATE INSTRUCTION FOR INDIVIDUALS AND COUPLES
We are proud to offer the very best in private instruction for individuals and couples from one to three days. Our new broadened menu gives our students the choice of from four to five-hour days to better fit the needs of our students. We will not work with groups unless a family or group of very close friends as experience has shown that one teacher working with an individual or a couple is far more productive.
Since we specialize in individual or couples private lessons we are able to start each school with a very detailed analysis of each student’s golf game, take video and discuss what we agree should be worked on as well as what should not be changed. Our goal is not to “change your swing” but work to help each student make better use of the swing they have.
WHAT WE WILL TEACH YOU
Arnold Palmer said, “Work with the golf swing you have and don’t try to swing like somebody else.” This is a principle we strongly believe in, especially when working with students who have been playing the game for several years. It is difficult enough to have a student make even a small adjustment in their grip without trying to have them remake their whole golf swing.
- We charge $125 per hour for an individual and $145 for a couple.
- We start each golf school a detailed evaluation of each student’s golf swing, then discuss with each of them what we both feel is important and doable.
- We will spend the most time working on things that all students can actually improve on such as balance, rhythm, timing, not gripping so tightly, reducing tension, alignment and “release” of the club head.
- We will teach our students how to have better control of their club head.
- We will work on eliminating many of the unnecessary thoughts you may have while swinging the golf club.
- The goal on the golf course will be to just envision the shot and swing. Our motto is “Think less-Play better” and all classes will stress that principle.
- When we suggest you try something new or different, we will explain the reason why.
- Whether you are right-handed or left-handed, we will show you how to better use your dominant hand and dominant side for power and direction.
- We will show you how to gain much of your lost club head speed through proper use of your hands and arms.
- We will show you what is meant by “release” of the club head.
WHAT WE WILL NOT TRY TO TEACH YOU IF YOU ARE OVER 50 AND NOT PLANNING TO GO ON THE SENIOR TOUR
- We will not try to change your “swing plane” or “spine angle.”
- We will not insist that you “turn your hips more” or “turn your shoulders” more than what is comfortable for you.
- We will never have you try to have a “flat wrist” position at the top of your backswing.
- We will never tell you to “use your core.”
- We will never show you “smash factor”, “angle of attack” or “launch angle” just to show you we can read the graphs.
- We will never tell you to hit with your left hand unless you are left-handed.
- We will never hook you up to a bunch of wires unless you are in the emergency room.
- We will never try to have you “change” your golf swing to copy some PGA Tour player or some model swing we envision.
- We will never insist that you “turn your hips or shoulders” more than you can do naturally but will teach you how to “get out of your own way” as you swing your golf club.
- We will explain why you will never “hurt your back” if you simply allow your body to “react” to the swinging motion of the golf club.